Day Seven: Four Turn Offs
1. Bad hygiene. 2. Bad temper. 3. No sense of humor. 4. No sense of direction.
Day Six: Five People who Mean A lot to You
1. My perpetually platonic, chit-chatty conversation-caddy: Hannah Goddamn Lawson! She’s one of my very best friends and practically family. I can come to her about anything and she knows she can always do the same with me. 2. My roommate, best-friend, and all around man buddy: Joey Price. We have our tiffs from time to time but we always seem to come to some happy compromise. My only hope...
Day Five: Six Things You Wish You'd Never Done
1. I wish we never moved in together when we were kids. You were never who I wish you were and we could never make it work. I’m happy with how things ended, I just wish it would have happened sooner. 2. I wish I could take back every night that never meant anything. All the drunken, half-remembered thoughts and blazingly broken promises. All the cheap paper napkins and slurred secrets. I...
Grasping at Awe
I’ve been having these weird dreams lately (am I awake?). The kind of absent minded thoughts which take you away from your warm bed, and parade around your mind like a curious circus of wild elephants (where am I?). Each night is a new episode in the never ending story of my subconscious. (This can’t be) a performance which is poorly written, badly acted, and over budget. But, I...
Day Four: Seven Things That Cross your Mind A lot.
1. Music. 2. Lyrics. 3. Poems. 4. Books. 5. Movies. 6. Inventions. 7. “What if…”
Day Three: How to win my Heart
1. Never lie to me. 2. Never cheat on me. 3. Burn me a mix tape. 4. Make me laugh. 5.Take me somewhere. 6. Watch movies with me. 7. Make me something original. 8. Give me good conversation.
1. I take showers constantly. Often while listening to music. 2. My favorite meal of the day is breakfast. Sometimes twice a day. 3. Not including tattoos, I have one scar on top of my right foot. I got it on my birthday, running down the stairs. 4. I have a small birthmark on my left arm, just above my armpit. It’s splotchy and doesn’t really have a shape or border. I wish it did. ...
1. To the sister I always wanted: Of all the people I know, I feel like I can tell you more than anyone and I never have to feel embarrassed or ashamed. No matter how terrible my day, or how depressed I feel, I know I can always count on you to help get me through my day. You’re the little sister I always wanted and I truly, and deeply, care about you. No matter what, I’ll always be...
Good Pinnapples are Hard to Find:
She had honeyed lips and a hot kiss; Rolling red hair and a piercing blue stare. To say it lightly: she was “Heroine incarnate”. An easygoing, angle-faced darling, who got caught up in a storm, and hurt for the wrong reasons. Of course, back on nights when sleep was out of reach, and I was close enough to hear her breathe, I would feel complete, for a bit, and then slowly kiss...
Of all the things you wear, your expression is the most important. - Janet Lane
Coffee and Poetry Every Sunday at Coffee... →
So, a friend of mine told me about a poetry reading they have on Sundays at Coffee Underground. I’ve never read any of my material publicly, but I’m excited to hear what people think of my poetry. I’m going to pick a few of my favorite poems and hope for the best. If they’re any good, I’ll write some more for next week and start a collection. I’ve always wanted...
The Millers' Daughter
The Millers’ daughter was often sought for her passionate stare and russet-red hair. A beautiful girl who could love the world, with her heart as open as the ocean. Oh, young Demeter, how sweet to see her: A gilded goddess of acting prowess! And beneath her smile, true beauty beguiles, as weary words of hope are gently spurred. The Spring-time muse who is often confused for the setting sun...